Mercapital SL, the Spanish private equity firm, has agreed to back the management buyout of Gasmedi 2000 S.A., the Spanish medical gas supplier, in a deal valued at EUR 275m.

Pursuant to the agreement, the management team and Mercapital will acquire 75% stake and the current owners, Fierro March family will reinvest to hold the remaining 25% stake.

Oquendo acted as the exclusive financial advisor of Mercapital, including the analysis of the transaction, valuation, due diligence and negotiation with the sellers.

Oquendo Corporate has acted as advisor of Mercapital.

Sector: Healthcare
Operation: Acquisition
Companies involved: Mercapital / Gasmedi
Year: 2006